Monday, October 29, 2007

Time to start a new diet

OK. It's Monday. A good day to start a weight loss diet. I eat healthy but am getting older and it is realy hard to lose weight. I am trying to do 1200 calories a day, 90-100 grams of carbs. Will keep fats down also. Trying to read those labels and have lots of proteins.

I go for quantity AND quality. I would rather have a large plate of vegetables than a small plate of pasta. (I can't believe I have just said that!) Looking for lots of fiber too.....How am I going to fit this all into 1200 calories?

I have about 30 pounds to lose now. I am heavier than I was in 3 pregnancies. I have to get the weight down. I am strong. I have been doing weight training so my muscles are also stronger than they have been.

I am thinking of joining Curves. Any thoughts on that program? I have heard that it will give me cardio and that will help burn the fat along with the weight training that I need to keep strong. I will be loking at it this week.

Ground Turkey cooked with peppers, soy sauce, over a small amount of white rice for dinner. Lots of protein, low fat so this will fit into my plan. I am hoping the soy sauce will give the turkey some taste.

I will have to be strong on Halloween to not eat any candy when the trick-or-treaters don't eat it all. Maybe I should go out. Both of my kids at home want to go with their friends into bigger neighborhoods so I will not have any kids to take around. My kids are after quantity also. Guess they learned that from me. Go where you can get the most candy in the least amount of time. At least they will be walking around and getting some exercise in the process.

Will check in tomorrow. Anyone else trying to lose weight now? I would like to hear from you.

No comments: